2010 Book Survey

Lauren did this, she got it from her hubby and he got the questions from Life With Books.


1. Best books of 2010? Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.

2. Worst book of 2010? There were a few that I started but didn't finish, and I can't seem to recall any of them.

3. Most disappointing book of 2010? Sickened by Julie Gregory. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but for some reason I felt rather... let down.

4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010? Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. I had tried to read another book of hers at one point and wasn't into it at all, but this one I really enjoyed.

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010? Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, for sure.

6. Best series you discovered in 2010? The Hunger Games Trilogy, by far.

7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010? Jen Lancaster.

8. Most hilarious read of 2010? Any of Jen Lancaster's books. She's flippin' hilarious.

9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010? Water for Elephants and The Hunger Games books.

10. Book you most anticipated in 2010? Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Third book in the Hunger Games Trilogy). I had finished the first two shortly before the third came out.

11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010?


BookBox: embed book widget, share book list


Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. It's just... pretty. Haha.
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.

12. Most memorable character in 2010? Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games and Marlena in Water for Elephants.

13. Most beautifully written book in 2010? Water for Elephants wins it again. Though Blankets by Craig Thompson was fantastic as well (though in all fairness it is a graphic novel).

14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010? The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer.

15. Book you can’t believe you waited until 2010 to finally read? Water for Elephants.

16. Honorable Mentions? House Rules by Jodi Picoult. It was very typical of her style, and in fact, I had it "figured out" within the first few pages. But the fact that she really showed an interest and understanding in the Autistic Spectrum really made this book worth reading.

Ugh. I feel like I didn't read much that was "worth it". That's sad. Hopefully with the TBR challenge for 2011 and some other ideas I have for books to pick up, I'll fair better.

Chances are this will be my last post of 2010, so... I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable New Years Eve! Mine will be spent babysitting. I know, I'm a wild one.

See you next year!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I started Water for Elephants and could not finish it, I tried so hard too. I want to like it bad!! haha

I love the Nicholas Sparks cover.. pretty.

And I need to read that Jodi Picoult!

ChrissyMcBookNerd said...

LOL I don't even think I can do this survey for real. I don't know that I read ANYTHING notable.

I did read Dark Places. I hated it. BUT I'm willing to give it another try because omg I LOVE Sharp Objects!!!!!

Maybe I'll wait and do this after 2011 hahah

Post a Comment