Deck the halls with vintage pyrex



(my tree)

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas. I know I did, and I still have a week off of work to enjoy things and to get things done.

I received a lot of gift cards from the kiddos at work as Christmas gifts, and so I'm sure I'll be heading out to spend some of those (I have a ton that go towards two bookstores and I'm really excited about that!).

The goal is to get a few errands run that need to get taken care of as well as cleaning and organizing a few things, such as my big closet, around the apartment.


(my favorite word, found several times in my apartment, also adorns my tree)


I'm quite excited to do some thrifting this week to search for some new and unique clothing as well as household things and hopefully some records since I got a turn table for Christmas from my dad.

I'll be heading over to the house I grew up in, and attempt to snag a few things from there such as...


Dishes! Growing up we had this particular set of Corelle dishes (Butterfly Gold is the pattern name). Sometime in my pre-teen/early teen years my parents replaced it with a plain white Corelle dish set. The theory is that these dishes are still up in the attic somewhere. Now, I've been up there several times in the year and some change that I've lived in my apartment and I haven't come across them. However, I wasn't ever looking for them either. So here's hoping that they are still there.

I know where these are, so I'm really excited to get them out of the house. Pyrex Orange Harvest Wheat nesting mixing bowls. Another staple in the house I grew up in, that until recent years I never really appreciated. I'm quite psyched about this.

Both the dishes and the bowls aren't hard to find at a local thrift store or even online. I'm well aware that there are many rarer Pyrex and Corelle sets out there, but for now I'm going with what I can (hopefully) get my hands on easily and for free :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same pyrex bowls! I'm glad to hear you had a nice Christnas :) Your tree is so pretty!

Miss Meg said...

@Hollie - Thank you :)

Post a Comment