Pretty *Basic* Fashion

Fashion: Fashion is the style and custom prevalent at a given time. In its most common usage however, "fashion" describes the popular clothing style. Many fashions are popular in many cultures at any given time. (thanks google)


Some things I'm really digging currently:



Beige/taupe/nude color heels. I'm digging the platform bottom and the patent look (as opposed to a matte look).
And apparently, heels this color are great for pale girls because they give the appearance of longer legs since there's no sharp contrast between your leg/feet and the shoe. Bonus for this barely five foot tall chica.




Tom's shoes are adorable, and I'm really digging the saffron cord shoe.
I generally have a hard time justifying spending $54 dollars on any one clothing or accessory item, but with Tom's "One for One" campaign I view it as 2 pairs for that price.
The result? These may be purchased sooner than later.



Stockings.
I'm not sure what my obsession has been, but I'm loving stockings this season. Under my dresses and skirts they've done me well. The post-weight loss shopping has allowed me to work these in slowly but surely.



[source]
I'm loving mid-calf boots this winter. With jeggings/skinnies or a cute dress/skirt with tights. Fall and winter in Ohio are perfect for rocking this look.
Hopefully it will still be "in" next season, haha. Oh, who am I kidding? Even if it was the biggest fashion faux pas, I'd *STILL* wear them!
I saw these Frye boots in a fashion blog over a year ago, but they were red. I absolutely love them in all the colors in this style but the price tag keeps it on my "dream on" list.


Big.Friggen.Purses.
I carry my life with me nearly every day. My friends and family make fun of my "luggage". But, I'm a girl who carries a small pharmacy, my small digital camera, a planner, some pens, several lip glosses, a book, my GPS... you get the picture (well, at least a mental image... maybe I'll do a "What's in my bag?" post sometime).
I'm a big fan of Duex Lux bags, which can be found at UO.


[source]
Congratulations, cardigan sweater! You are my favorite clothing item, no contest. Especially if you are vintage, like the lovely floral one above.
I love that cardis can be dressed up, down and in between. The colors, weights, patterns, knits, ages (yes, ages... as in new and vintage), styles... all of it. They are the all year 'round, one for every outfit, adorable as all get out piece.


T-shirts. Especially ones like this fabulous literary tshirt from Out of Print clothing, featuring another one of my all time favorite books. Bonus! When you buy a tee from Out of Print Clothing, they donate a book to Books For Africa.
I have a weakness for t-shirts that show off my personality, the things I like and the things I believe in. For more great t-shirts check out the I *Heart* Etsy post featuring them!



There are so many fantastic things out there that I'm loving right now, these are just a handful of pretty basic items. This brings us to the unveiling of another new post grouping. Pretty *___* Fashion. Each PF post will showcase some great fashion finds and ideas! I'm quite excited to add PF to the ranks of Sweet Spots and I *Heart* Etsy. Soon to come will be an 'inspirations' post, of sorts. That will round out the quartet of regularly posted (I hope!) theme specific posts for the time being.

Fashion is ever changing and ever evolving. Fashion seems to be on lazy susan of sorts, as it goes away and comes back around again. Fashion is highly personal. Everyone has clothing that they feel their best in. Now, more than ever, can you walk down the street and see so many years of fashion all at once. Thanks to the wave of vintage and thrift fashions so many "old" pieces are becoming new and not just by being worn as is... some are up-cycled and others are worn in a different way than intended.

Recently (mostly within the last year and some change) I've lost quite a bit of weight. As a result it means going through my wardrobe and getting rid of a lot of it (donations to friends and Goodwill). Some of it has been salvaged for me by my wonderful seamstress, Tracy. But, there's still a lot that I need. I've even had the courage to attempt some fashions I stayed away from before because I wasn't comfortable. It's been fun. But, I tend to get fixated on a few items here and there that just aren't in the budget, at all. So, then I bargain hunt my way around until I find what I want at a price that I'm willing to pay. Sometimes, I win. Sometimes, I lose out. But it's always fun to dream and for me the hunt is a good part of the fun!


What are your current favorite fashions?

2 comments:

Yajaira said...

love the boots and the bag...
love the tights
great blog..

Lauren said...

I love the stockings, purse and boots, so bad.

Post a Comment